Welcome to the Book Club
An initiative of the Australian Federal Police Former Members Association Inc will help those members who read books to enjoy a book which is Police related in some way. The books are shared amongst financial members of the AFPFMA. It’s a great way to receive books while in lock down.
HOW IT WORKS?
- choose a book below
- click the “Borrow Book” button
- pay for postage to your location, using the cart
- commit to sending the book to the next member when you have finished reading it (within 3 months)
- we send you the postage label, packaging and address of the next member to send to
- write a short review on our website
Terms of Agreement
- you are a financial member of the AFPFMA
- the book remains the property of the Australian Federal Police Former Members Association Inc.
- maximum length of a book on loan is 3 months, with the option to renew it if no one else has reserved the book
- you will notify us when you have finished reading the book
- you will send the book to the next member who has reserved it (next in line)
- you are able to wrap the book for postage (pre-paid satchels will be sent to you)
- you are able to print a postage label (that we send to you) and attach it to the package
- you are able to write a short review of the book, telling other members what it was like.
If you are not in agreement with the above rules, please do not participate in this program.
Choose A Book
If you are an author or someone who would like to donate a book to our Book Club, please contact us.
Hover mouse over book to navigate library.
Join the AFP Former Members Association
All membership applications are subject to review by the Committee. If you are joining our “closed” Facebook group, please only use the email address you use to log into Facebook. Relevant details will be verified. Or fill out the form below and we’ll also send you info on how to join the AFPFMA.The Committee shall have ultimate discretion over whether an application for membership is accepted. Download the form, fill it in and then send to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it.
In the years to come, people will ask, “what is your membership number?” If you are having trouble finding a proposer or seconder for the application form, don’t stress. We will consider an application without a proposer or seconder, if you can:
- attach your certificate of AFP service to the membership application, or
- submit the form with a few names of old boys (or girls) you worked with and where, then pay your fees.
We just need to have someone vouch for you if you don’t have a proposer or seconder. Contact email@example.com for more info.
Once payment and the application form is received, our Secretary will email you with a membership number. This will entitle you to make a purchase in our on-line store. We approve all memberships at our monthly Committee meeting, so depending on when you applied to join, it may take some time to receive your name badge, member card and lapel pin. Please be patient as we are all volunteers.
PAYMENT METHOD –
$30 Full Member ($20 + $10 joining fee)
$20 Associate Member ($10 + $10 joining fee)
Deposit your fees by cash into our account at selected CBA ATMs, select “cardless deposit” on the ATM, or over the counter at any CBA branch, using our bank details (see below). Use your surname & AFP badge number as a reference.
DIRECT DEPOSIT –
Please make your payment by Direct Deposit transfer into our bank account. Use your surname & AFP badge number as a reference.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Account Name: Australian Federal Police Former Members Association Incorporated
Account No: 10846241
Download the Membership Form